The workshop will reopen on Monday 4th January 2021.
Please visit the Contact Jonathan page to get in touch.
Our Latest Service Levels
Last updated and effective from 8th June 2020. Check back regularly for updates.
- The workshop is open but may be operating with reduced hours based on current demand. This means I may open later or close earlier than usual or may not open every day.
- The workshop is accessed from a shared car park and only has a small lobby/reception area which makes social distancing difficult. I have therefore decided to close the workshop to all visitors including customers without an appointment and company representatives.
- Drop-off and collection times will be agreed with customers so that I can ensure there is only one customer on site at a time and that I have sufficient time in between visits to sanitise vehicles and the reception area.
- Job times have increased as a result of needing to sanitise vehicles on arrival, before they leave and when collected from MOT, parts deliveries being significantly delayed with some taking up to 3 hours and having to socially distance from other users of the shared car park.
- I am not accepting payment by cash until further notice. I cannot sanitise notes effectively and do not wish to make unnecessary journeys to the bank to pay in cash.
Our Safe Workshop Practice Charter
- We try to minimise contact with customers and suppliers.
- The workshop is closed to visitors and all work is carried out by appointment only.
- Initial customer contact is by telephone, email or social media messaging only.
- Drop-off and pick-up times will be staggered to ensure there is only one customer present at the workshop at any time.
- We are not providing a while-you-wait service and there will be no waiting at or in the vicinity of the workshop.
- We keep customers safe by using new disposable seat covers, floor mats and gloves for every job.
- We will turn off vehicle Air Con/Climate Control to avoid spreading germs.
- We wipe down all vehicle contact points as we work with Smartsan-V (passes BS EN1276:1997 & BS EN 1650:1998 disinfection standards), a non-staining broad spectrum sanitiser that is effective against a wide range of pathogenic virus, bacteria, yeast and fungi. A sanitation checklist will be left in all vehicles after the final treatment.
- Items in the workshop which come into contact with customers such as the card machine will be sanitised after each use with Smartsan-V.
- Our workshop follows all current government social distancing guidelines.
- New signage and barriers have been installed at the workshop complying with the government’s latest ‘COVID-19 Secure‘ guidelines.
- A clear plastic cough/sneeze guard is now installed at the reception counter.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser gel (≥70% alcohol content, passes BS EN 1276 & BS EN 1500 disinfection standards) is available on the reception counter. I would ask all visitors to use it on arrival at reception and before they leave.
- We respect high risk customers by maintaining an external drop-off and collection point.
- When necessary and for high-risk customers we will increase our level of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include a 3M FFP3 respirator and disposable nitrile examination gloves.
- We will offer you value-added services; e.g. Air Con disinfection, cabin filter replacement (HEPA) etc. for your added protection.
- To keep your vehicle legally roadworthy we will carry out a free visual safety check of the following:
- Brake Discs
- Brake Pads
- Wipers & Washers
- MOT Due Date
- We will notify you of any defects found during this check.
- We will ensure all contact points and keys are wiped down before collection.
Latest COVID-19 News & Updates
Due to a member of my immediate family testing positive for COVID-19 and two members of their support bubble also testing positive I have closed the workshop for two weeks. I remain free of any symptoms recognised as relating to the virus and I’m isolated from the family member affected and have been since Tuesday … Continue reading Workshop Temporarily Closed
The government have reaffirmed that car repair garages are essential services which can remain open during the second lockdown. I have therefore decided to keep the workshop open throughout this month-long lockdown. The workshop will be closed for one week between Monday 7th December and Friday 11th December 2020. The workshop remains closed to visitors. … Continue reading COVID-19 Update 05-11-2020
Vehicles exempt from MOTs which are presented for testing and fail to achieve a pass must no longer be driven on public roads, a DVSA notification has confirmed. From today (27 May 2020) test certificates will remind drivers that if a vehicle fails its MOT, the six-month MOT exemption is no longer valid. The test … Continue reading DVSA issues clarification on MOT exemptions — Garagewire
Our friends at local bodyshop CarSmart are now offering a vehicle deodorising and sanitising service using their new fogger machine. This technique is effective against a wide range of pathogens and remains effective for up to 30 days. For further details contact CarSmart directly on 01482 223998.
Car, van and motorcycle MOT expiry dates will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 – but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive. Eligibility First MOT Due How the 6-month Extension Works If you take your vehicle for its MOT and it fails The government announced … Continue reading Coronavirus MOT Updates
The workshop will be closed on Monday for the bank holiday but will be open again on Tuesday 26th May. I am already 80% booked up for the week but there is room to accommodate emergency jobs if required. The workshop remains closed to visitors and all work is carried out by appointment only. Initial … Continue reading COVID-19 Update w/c 25-05-2020
The workshop will reopen at 9.00am on Monday 18th May to deal with breakdowns and a few jobs which have accumulated over the past few weeks. The workshop will remain open all week and I’ll decide at the end of the week whether to stay open or close again depending on demand. The workshop is … Continue reading COVID-19 Update
From tomorrow I will be treating the controls and door handles of all vehicles on their arrival at the workshop and before they leave with Smartsan V anti-microbial disinfectant.