I operate from a small workshop with limited parking spaces in an area shared by other businesses and without staff. The workshop is very well equipped but does not have duplicates of expensive specialist equipment which may be required by more than one job. There are no published job times for advanced diagnostic work and therefore I do not know how long each job will take. In order for me to manage my time and the workshop resources effectively it’s necessary that I operate around the following terms of business.
- All work is carried out by appointment only.
- A non-refundable deposit may be required at the time of booking.
- We do not provide timed booking slots. All vehicles must be dropped off before 9.00am on the day of the booking.
- We do not have customer waiting facilities and do not provide a while-you-wait service.
- Title to all goods supplied remains with Jonathan Fry Automotive Ltd until payment has been received in full and funds have cleared.
- Storage charges of £15.00 per day will be levied on all jobs when the vehicle has not been collected from the workshop within 24 hours of notification of completion.
- All specially ordered parts must be paid for in advance.
- We do not provide quotations. We may, if time permits provide estimates for jobs with manufacturer published job times. Estimates are subject to the vehicle condition and part numbers present during dismantling.
- We do not fit customer supplied parts. We do not fit recycled or second hand parts. We do not fit parts from online market places or auction websites.
- All parts supplied by us meet or exceed the vehicle manufacturer’s original equipment specification and are obtained from a traceable source.
- Vehicles will not be released from the workshop until full payment has been received.
- Payment is only accepted by cash, credit & debit cards and bank transfer.
- The only evidence we will accept for a bank transfer being made is the cleared funds showing in our bank account. Any delays in the banking system resulting in the funds not showing in our bank account are beyond our control.
- We reserve the right to refuse a payment method if we believe it will be subject to a reversal at a later date.
- We reserve the right not to accept cardholder not present payments over the telephone.
- Estimates or discounts provided either verbally or in writing are given on the basis that all work is paid for by cash or card on collection of the vehicle and are calculated with this in mind. Should the customer then wish to use Payment Assist then any estimate or discount provided becomes null and void and a new estimate will be supplied based on credit payment terms.
- We do not provide estimates as to the cost or timescale of diagnostic work.
- A non-refundable deposit covering the initial diagnostic assessment fee must be paid at the time of booking.
- All vehicles require an initial diagnostic assessment before any advanced diagnostic work is considered.
- Any work requiring the use of plug-in diagnostic equipment will be subject to the initial diagnostic assessment fee.
- We will only provide updates to the person or organisation who is paying our invoice.
- We do not have the manpower to update third parties on job progress. Therefore it is a condition of acceptance of referrals from other professional repairers for them to liaise and update their customer on job progress. Should their customer contact us directly for updates then the job will be abandoned immediately.
- We will not bypass, disable or render inoperable any safety system or emissions control device fitted to a vehicle as original equipment or which is required by current UK legislation.
- Before we will reset the service reminder or update digital service records for vehicles not serviced by us we will need proof in the way of an itemised invoice from the garage who carried out the work detailing the date and mileage the vehicle was serviced at and the parts used. We will not participate in ‘service book fraud’.