The government have reaffirmed that car repair garages are essential services which can remain open during the second lockdown. I have therefore decided to keep the workshop open throughout this month-long lockdown.
The workshop will be closed for one week between Monday 7th December and Friday 11th December 2020.
The workshop remains closed to visitors. Unless you are dropping a car off for a prearranged appointment, collecting a car after work is completed or delivering parts then please do not visit the workshop.
Our Safe Workshop Practice Charter
- We try to minimise contact with customers and suppliers.
- The workshop is closed to visitors and all work is carried out by appointment only.
- Initial customer contact is by telephone, email or social media messaging only.
- Drop-off and pick-up times will be staggered to ensure there is only one customer present at the workshop at any time.
- We are not providing a while-you-wait service and there will be no waiting at or in the vicinity of the workshop.
- We keep customers safe by using new disposable seat covers, floor mats and gloves for every job.
- We will turn off vehicle Air Con/Climate Control to avoid spreading germs.
- We wipe down all vehicle contact points as we work with Smartsan-V (passes BS EN1276:1997 & BS EN 1650:1998 disinfection standards), a non-staining broad spectrum sanitiser that is effective against a wide range of pathogenic virus, bacteria, yeast and fungi. A sanitation checklist will be left in all vehicles after the final treatment.
- Items in the workshop which come into contact with customers such as the card machine will be sanitised after each use with Smartsan-V.
- Our workshop follows all current government social distancing guidelines.
- New signage and barriers have been installed at the workshop complying with the government’s latest ‘COVID-19 Secure‘ guidelines.
- A clear plastic cough/sneeze guard is now installed at the reception counter.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser gel (≥70% alcohol content, passes BS EN 1276 & BS EN 1500 disinfection standards) is available on the reception counter. I would ask all visitors to use it on arrival at reception and before they leave.
- We respect high risk customers by maintaining an external drop-off and collection point.
- When necessary and for high-risk customers we will increase our level of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include a 3M FFP3 respirator and disposable nitrile examination gloves.
- We will offer you value-added services; e.g. Air Con disinfection, cabin filter replacement (HEPA) etc. for your added protection.
- To keep your vehicle legally roadworthy we will carry out a free visual safety check of the following:
- Brake Discs
- Brake Pads
- Wipers & Washers
- MOT Due Date
- We will notify you of any defects found during this check.
- We will ensure all contact points and keys are wiped down before collection.